Read the Blog



Justin and Kelsey’s Wedding

April 19, 2019

Filed in: Weddings

I spent a lot of time looking at my weather app the week leading up to this wedding.  I checked it every day, multiple times a day – just hoping and praying that the weather man was wrong.  Hoping and praying that the next time I looked at my phone it wouldn’t say 100% chance of rain and snow showers.  Well, I lucked out a little bit…  the 100% chance of rain and snow went down to 90%.  When it went down to 90%, I thought in my head… “so you’re saying there’s a chance!”  And you know what?  The weatherman was correct!  It rained, it snowed and it was awful outside!  But there were a few pockets during the day where the rain stopped.  I’m so thankful for that 10% of the day that was dry enough for us to get some photos of my beautiful couple and their amazing wedding party!  Seriously, guys, I am always so blessed to have such amazing couples.  Justin and Kelsey have quickly become two of my favorite humans.  I got to know them a little bit when we did their beautiful engagement session in Chicago last summer.  If you haven’t seen their engagement photos, please go check them out here!  I absolutely loved their session!  And I got to know them and love them even more on their wedding day.  Justin and Kelsey were married at St. Mary’s Catholic Church and had their stunning reception at the Mavris Arts & Event Center in downtown Indianapolis.  I’m so incredibly thankful to everyone who put in the hard work to make this beautiful day absolutely wonderful!  Their wedding coordinator was actually Justin’s sister, Nicole of Sirpilla Soirées. She did all the planning and put in countless hours of work to make sure every little detail was absolutely perfect.  Nicole was also a beautiful bridesmaid so on the actual day of the wedding she handed over the reins to our amazing day-of coordinator, Emily of Emily Ventura Designs.  Plus we had the wonderful team from the Mavris helping out, too!  This truly is one of the most beautiful weddings that I have ever photographed and I couldn’t have done my job without the help of my wonderful second shooter, Taylor Canales.  Thank you, Taylor!!! Please forgive me for such a long blog post but there are a ton of photos that I want to share.  My hope is that you can get a tiny glimpse into how truly awesome this wedding day was!

Ceremony: St. Mary’s Catholic Church

Reception: Mavris Arts & Event Center

Full Planning & Design: Sirpilla Soirées,

Day-of Coordinator: Emily Ventura Designs

Film: DeKam Studios

Hair and Makeup: Something Blue Stylists

Floral: Isibeal Studio


comments +

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *